derive diaries |
|
|
Possible rendezvous links Diana TB 10x40 Simone The things Ellen Eric M & S AW June MM Rick Kerry MSG Gnat James Nick Bob Paths of Interest Incite! Manushi EPW SSA Comunidad de Paz MER Feministe Permanent Black Archives |
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Columbus as the promised land I hated to miss MM’s bday bash last weekend which from all accounts sounds like a fantastic time. I had two lovely visitors come see me here in Ohio though so I can’t mope too much. Maddie was just thrilled to be here—she came prepared with had a long list of “plans” that she wanted to do while she was here that included trips to all our old haunts, a joyous reunion with her best friend that lives down the hall, and a pre-birthday party at the ice cream store where we celebrated her b-day last year. The one aspect of the trip that didn’t quite fit her picture of Columbus was my housemate Caroline who is living in her old room. “Caroline is a mystery,” she whispered to me after meeting her. The other thing that she did that cracked me up is gather up a bag full of crazy stuff from my office (a big clock, markers galore, a paper clip container) that she would carry all over the place-- she called it her “possibility bag." Every morning while she was here, her first words upon waking were “Yahoo!” It is great to be 3 going on 4 I think. |