derive diaries |
|
|
Possible rendezvous links Diana TB 10x40 Simone The things Ellen Eric M & S AW June MM Rick Kerry MSG Gnat James Nick Bob Paths of Interest Incite! Manushi EPW SSA Comunidad de Paz MER Feministe Permanent Black Archives |
Wednesday, July 23, 2003
That’s O below, with her little son, when they were visiting. This weekend comes Jen up from SF, another close friend from college (This summer has been a bonanza of college friend visits!) Though Jen & I had been friends before, we really got close when she & her girlfriend (they were the only lesbian couple I knew) came to live in my house for a couple of weeks after their apartment building burned down. By day, we’d hang out after class and play pool & by night we’d have parties. But my favorite part of that stay was the way Jen would read poetry to us before we went to bed. Poetry! Parties! Pool! Wide-eyed and innocent, that’s what this new thing called dyke life seemed to me to be about back then. Anyway, together she & I and some other people organized this hysterical bad poetry reading/contest at school (I still have a poem from it that cracked me up & if I can find it I’ll blog it)—which got me thinking that that could be a good capgas activity—bad poetry reading anyone??? |