< derive diaries

derive diaries
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, July 13, 2003
 
My old college roommate, first (unrequited) love, and dear dear friend Olivia and her family were here in town this week-- we had a such a nice time together, what felt like the closest in a while. She met L for the first time, and I felt at ease and so happy to see her. Its funny, but I think because she is so central to my "coming out" story, the narrative that I tell about her centers her role in my life as the first woman to whom I felt an attraction too strong not to notice or to name, but misses all the other things over so many years that we were to each other. Seeing her, and feeling so close again, brings all those things back to me—our relationships with each other's families, shared jokes and memories, the way our world views & tastes developed in concert and in conversation with one another. With K, I raise a toast to friendship.