< derive diaries

derive diaries
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, July 21, 2003
 
At long last, Everyday Maddie is back (although I think it should be renamed “once in a while Maddie”! Not to steal the thunder from her own blog, here are some pictures of her playing her new favorite game “smother myself and smile”—loosely based on “peekaboo” but more edgy. Here’s how it goes. First, I put her down on the bed for a nap with her blanket for comfort. After I’ve settled down to do some work at the desk, she quietly grabs her little blanket and pulls it over her face. Next, she starts to breathe heavily and kick her legs with the excitement of it all. I turn around and here’s what I see:




Panicked with the possibility of her heavy breathing being her last desperate gasps of air, I jump up from the computer and pull the blanket off of her face, only to find her grinning hugely, like so:




The irresistibleness of her smile + relef that she’s okay causes me to kiss her, thus reinforcing this heart-attack inducing game. And sure enough, when I sit back down to get back to work, only a minute or so goes by until I hear the tell-tale heavy breathing and kicking again. And so it goes over and over again—the first glimmers of her becoming a real character from charactersville.