derive diaries |
|
|
Possible rendezvous links Diana TB 10x40 Simone The things Ellen Eric M & S AW June MM Rick Kerry MSG Gnat James Nick Bob Paths of Interest Incite! Manushi EPW SSA Comunidad de Paz MER Feministe Permanent Black Archives |
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Here I am in Columbus, attending the last meetings for the year and wrapping things up. I've been staying at my friends Mary and Mat's house. They are wonderful people and their house is the best (I stay in the rock and roll room) but their neighborhood has been hit with the what might be the beginning signs of the rapture (I saw a bumper sticker the other day--"In case of rapture, this car will become unmanned." What kind of crazy town do I live in??): first their neighbor got FLESH-EATING DISEASE! Flesh-eating disease??? I knew that something like that existed in the world of horror films and my aunt's obsessions but not in the world of neighbors and good morning greetings! And then, with symptoms that are panic-inducingly similar to flesh eating disease, Mat got bitten by a brown recluse spider over the weekend and the bite started to become NECROTIC! Needless to say we have spent good portion of our evenings together pouring over websites and groaning in fascinated horror at the awful pictures of both conditions. Reminds me of good ol times with my brothers and my grandfather's medical books. Warning: the links are not for the faint of heart. |