derive diaries |
|
|
Possible rendezvous links Diana TB 10x40 Simone The things Ellen Eric M & S AW June MM Rick Kerry MSG Gnat James Nick Bob Paths of Interest Incite! Manushi EPW SSA Comunidad de Paz MER Feministe Permanent Black Archives |
Thursday, September 30, 2004
Could this possibly be true? As far as I can tell, I'm the only queer faculty member here. I've been trying to be out as could be at this conservative Catholic college (kissing L goodbye as she drops me off for work, putting her name down with mine in the school directory, volunteering to be faculty advisor for the gay-straight alliance, etc) but today I think I went a bit far, even for my comfort level. I was grading papers while proctoring an exam for a friend in the department and I happened to glance at my writing instrument-- to my shock in my hands was a lavender pen with the words LESBIAN.COM written in huge letters on it (where did that even come from? maybe from a pride march or something?)! Oops... To come as soon as we locate the wires to the digital camera: pics from our wonderful visit up to NH to see MM & MSG in a "bog blog." What struck me as so cool about their setup was how close at hand everything was. All the tools of MM's trade, for example, are right at her fingertips-- right next to her office is her classroom, a few doors down the hall is the radio studio, and supposedly right upstairs is the art studio. And a requirement for all visitors is a walk through this amazing bog right down their road, that comes complete with carnivorous plants. But what defies description is their new bed. |