derive diaries |
|
|
Possible rendezvous links Diana TB 10x40 Simone The things Ellen Eric M & S AW June MM Rick Kerry MSG Gnat James Nick Bob Paths of Interest Incite! Manushi EPW SSA Comunidad de Paz MER Feministe Permanent Black Archives |
Wednesday, April 07, 2004
We have had two hard losses at UW in the past few weeks. Jim from CHID whom I didn't know but heard lots about and then my friend and old grad student advisor Karin. This article really gets it right in terms of how great she was, but I want to add one more story, from when we were on strike. I don't know where she got them, but one afternoon she dragged these huge industrial-size buckets of ice cream to our picket line and scooped out ice cream cones to all of us hot and tired picketers. Mmmm I can still remember how good the ice cream felt on my throat hoarse from chanting. She was a kindred spirit, a kind and mischievous soul helping us all to navigate the ropes (and change them if need be) of grad school, and I will miss her. |