< derive diaries

derive diaries
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, January 29, 2004
 
Wow, after a week and a half out of town, I come home to a baby that is cognitively leaps and bounds ahead of where she was! It is wild how fast things are moving now. Not only does she seem to understand much of what we say, she herself now says "baby" (we'll have to teach her to say "baby gabby" now that she has a new little potential friend in sf), "up," "mama," and "book" all in context-appropriate ways. But the best of all was seeing her face light up when I opened the door. With all my coming and going, I get a little afraid that she'll forget who I am but so far she hasn't- last night she hugged me close, giggled hysterically as she bounced on my knees, and kept a hand on me all night long as she slept. So so dear.