derive diaries |
|
|
Possible rendezvous links Diana TB 10x40 Simone The things Ellen Eric M & S AW June MM Rick Kerry MSG Gnat James Nick Bob Paths of Interest Incite! Manushi EPW SSA Comunidad de Paz MER Feministe Permanent Black Archives |
Friday, October 31, 2003
Our little Mushroom a Bobcat? ![]() Scene: Pet store where L was buying ken and Kristen a Mushroom-warming present to celebrate their adoption of the little kitten that we found stranded in a tree in Oregon. Conversation: L: I’m buying this for the kitten that followed us home from the Oregon Cascades! Pet store clerk: You found her in the woods? L: Yeah, way up in a tree! Pet store clerk: Does she happen to have a short tail? L: Yeah she does actually! Pet store clerk: What does her markings look like? Does she have really non-distinct markings? L: Yeah, I guess she has some stripes on her face, she’s kinda gray and white. Pet store clerk: Just on her face? L: I think so. Pet store clerk: How about pointy ears? L: Oh yeah, I think her ears are kind of pointy. Did you lose a kitten in Oregon? Pet store clerk: Actually, I think you may have a bobcat. L: Oh no, she’s really friendly, you can tell she’s been around people. Pet store clerk: Well any little kitten stuck in a tree is going to be friendly. What does she sound like? L: Kinda like, Miaa, Miaa. Pet store clerk: So not like meoow? L: Oh, I’m not sure. Pet store clerk: Cause a bobcat sounds just like you were saying. L’s thought bubble: Is this the kitten who was sleeping next to maddie all day a wild animal??? Pet store clerk: Where is she now??? L: At home playing with our 8 month old... Well, L rushed home and took Mushroom back to the store and, despite all the evidence that pointed towards Bobcatdom, it turns out she is probably a little kitten after all (because her paws are so small). The pet store clerk had never actually seen a bobcat though, so I still have my doubts. I guess we’ll find out if she gets bigger… and bigger… and bigger. |