derive diaries |
|
|
Possible rendezvous links Diana TB 10x40 Simone The things Ellen Eric M & S AW June MM Rick Kerry MSG Gnat James Nick Bob Paths of Interest Incite! Manushi EPW SSA Comunidad de Paz MER Feministe Permanent Black Archives |
Thursday, October 30, 2003
The commute definitely has its pleasures, and not only the great massage chair that by now I've spent hours on in the Cincinnati airport. Last night, I hit the jackpot of plane rides. Not only did I get bumped up into first class but about halfway through the flight, my row mate and I realized there was a beautiful aurora borealis out in gorgeous sheets of green light, very much like this. My row mate didn’t even mind me practically sitting on her lap while we both pressed our faces against the window to watch it glow and flicker. I’ve seen the northern lights once before while I was in college in Minnesota. Actually, I spent 4 years there hoping to see them and always missing them (they would happen in the middle of the night while I was asleep, e.g., or while I was away on break). By the end of my senior year, I had basically given up all hopes of catching them. But then on graduation night, as our big house party was winding down, there they were, the northern lights every bit as beautiful as I could have imagined. I had been feeling kinda blue about leaving college & my close friends before then, but superstitious me took the aurora borealis as a sign that it was the right time to go. I wonder what it means this time. |