< derive diaries

derive diaries
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, August 06, 2003
 
The vagabond life has begun in earnest now. L, little M and I left Seattle on last week and flew to South Bend. It was weird to be flying back because we came out to Seattle in June fully expected to be driving back in August—strange how plans can change. Anyway, although we weathered the drive out with good spirits intact (even with a 10 week old baby, a high maintenance cat for part of the time, and different music tastes), I have to say I was mighty glad to enjoy the plains states from above rather than endure the 12 hours of monotony that is driving through Nebraska. And even more glad that our tickets were round trip ones that will bring us back to seattle in mid-september rather than leaving us stranded in south bend (Oh mama could this really be the end, to be stuck inside the ethanol smell, of this Midwest town again). Anyway, August is a month of east coast family and friend and work visits. Here’s the itinerary so I can keep it straight in my head (actually my itinerary, L’s looks pretty different ‘cause we’ll be going our separate ways for chunks of it):

Aug 2-8: DC/Baltimore
Aug 8-15: NJ shore w/ L’s dad
Aug 15-20: NYC
Aug 20-28: South Bend
Aug 29-31: Philly for a conference, then back to SB
Mid-September: Seattle