< derive diaries

derive diaries
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, October 31, 2002
 
You guys might have Bush telling you what you want to hear, but I’ve got him coming to visit--twice in the two months that I’ve been here. Yup, it seems that he just can’t stay away from the delights of South Bend (and who can blame him really?) Last time he was here, there was a big anti-war rally and march through town that people said was the biggest protest gathering they could remember here in a long time. It was very heartening that here in the heartland people were so fired up against the war, even if this one guy coming out of the conference center where Bush was speaking told us to “go back to Russia” where we came from (Russia??? What decade does he think we are in? I hope he’s not one of Bush’s main foreign policy advisors but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is.) This afternoon I can’t greet the punkass fool (as Rick has dubbed him so affectionately) properly though because they’ve shut down the streets for his dumb motorcade so I’m stuck here at school until he’s gone.